The Voice of Islam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Return and Repent.
Pictures of inanimate objects EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 11:48 pm by Abu Fauzi

» Direct Dial.
Pictures of inanimate objects EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 11:18 pm by Abu Fauzi

» Distractions Of Dunya.
Pictures of inanimate objects EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 12:01 am by Abu Fauzi

» Daily Declarations Of The Earth.
Pictures of inanimate objects EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 11:29 pm by Abu Fauzi

» Expect The Best From Allah Ta'ala.
Pictures of inanimate objects EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 10:56 pm by Abu Fauzi

» Sincere Repentance.
Pictures of inanimate objects EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 10:58 pm by Abu Fauzi

» Remembering Death.
Pictures of inanimate objects EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 1:02 am by Abu Fauzi

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Pictures of inanimate objects

5 posters

Go down

Pictures of inanimate objects Empty Re: Pictures of inanimate objects

Post by 'Abd-al Latif Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:47 am

Praise be to Allaah and blessings and peace be upon the Messenger of Allaah. The majority of scholars say that it is permissible to make pictures of inanimate objects such as trees, buildings, etc, and they quote several texts as evidence for that, including the following: The report narrated by al-Bukhaari (5963) and Muslim (2110) from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, ‘Whoever makes an image in this world will be told to breathe life into it in the Day of Resurrection, and he will not be able to do so.’” The prohibition mentioned in this hadeeth has to do with animate objects. What confirms this interpretation is that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), who was the narrator of this hadeeth, issued a fatwa permitting the drawing of trees and inanimate objects, as was narrated in Saheeh al-Bukhaari (2225) and Saheeh Muslim (2110) from Sa’eed ibn Abi’l-Hasan, who said: “I was with Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) when a man came to him and said, ‘O Ibn ‘Abbaas, I am a man who earns a living by the work of my hands, and I make these pictures (or images).’ Ibn ‘Abbaas said: ‘I will only tell you what I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, and I heard him say, “Whoever makes an image in this world will be punished until he breathes life into it, and he will never be able to do so.’’ The man became very upset and his face turned pale. He – meaning Ibn ‘Abbaas – said, ‘Woe to you! If you insist on making them (images), then you can make images of these trees and everything that does not have a soul.’” In Saheeh al-Bukhaari (5181) and Saheeh Muslim (2108) it is narrated that ‘Aa’ishah, the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The makers of these images will be punished on the Day of Resurrection and it will be said to them: ‘Bring to life that which you have created!’” and he said that the angels will not enter a house in which there are images. This hadeeth indicates that the punishment has to do with images of animate beings, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that they will be told, “Bring to life that which you have created!” With regard to the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Let them create a grain of wheat or a grain of barley,” what is meant by that is to show that they are incapable of doing so, because no matter what humans make that may resemble these grains or plants in shape, they can never instill in them the characteristics of these plants, so they cannot be planted and will never grow, and so on. If humans are unable to create a single grain with some of the characteristics that Allaah has created in it, then they are incapable of breathing life into the images and statues that they make. Hence it becomes clear that what is meant by the hadeeth is not that which may first spring to mind, that making images of grains and trees and inanimate objects is haraam, rather what is meant is to show that man is incapable as we have mentioned above. And Allaah knows best.

'Abd-al Latif

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Abd-al Latif Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:47 am

From IslamQ&A^

'Abd-al Latif

Back to top Go down

Post by Amatur Rahmaan Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:24 pm

'Abd-al Latif wrote:From IslamQ&A^

Please be more specific when quoting sources, brother. Like the website's add?
Pictures of inanimate objects 88762
Amatur Rahmaan
Amatur Rahmaan

Back to top Go down

Post by Taalib Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:22 pm

Assalaamu alaykum.

This reply was not appropriate in the thread which you posted it because that question was specifically regarding photos of people (animate objects). It was therefore made into a new discussion. Wasalaam

Taalib
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruwaydah Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:06 pm

Amatur Rahmaan wrote:
Like the website's add?
Pictures of inanimate objects 88762

Let me help out.

Source: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/23354/Pictures%20of%20inanimate%20objects
Ruwaydah
Ruwaydah

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiya Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:23 am

[quote]
Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, ‘Whoever makes an image in this world will be told to breathe life into it in the Day of Resurrection, and he will not be able to do so.”

I just waned to know that if i have a camera in my hand and I am taking a photo of my brother then I will be the person or the person who makes it? Shocked
Safiya
Safiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Taalib Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:39 am

Assalaamu alaykum.
Yes you will also get sin for making the image. And Allah Ta'aala knows best.

Taalib
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum