Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I'tikaaf (Seclusion in the Masjid)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'tikaaf (Seclusion in the Masjid)

Post by Taalib on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:50 pm

To remain in I'tikaaf for the last ten days of Ramadhaan in Sunnah-Alal-Kifaayah. If even one person from the locality performs I'tikaaf, this Sunnah is fulfilled. A very easy and practical way of finding Laylatul Qadr is to sit in I'tikaaf. If a person only performs I'tikaaf during the nights of the last ten days, then also he will acquire this virtue. If this is also not possible, then at least the odd nights should be given importance. This is also a great fortune. A person sleeping whilst in I'tikaaf will be regarded as if he is performing Ibaadah(Worship). A person may engage in permissible speech whilst in I'tikaaf. However he should refrain from obscene and vain talk.

Taalib
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: I'tikaaf (Seclusion in the Masjid)

Post by Taalib on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:23 pm

Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Abbaas (RadhiyAllahu Anhu) narrates (in a lengthy Hadith) that he heard Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) saying " If anyone walks to see to his brothers need and endeavours to fulfill it, then it is better for him than 10 years of I'tikaaf. And if anyone observes I'tikaaf for 1 day seeking the pleasure of Allah Ta'ala, Allah Ta'ala creates between him and the fire (of jahannum) 3 trenches. (The distance between them) is more than the distance between east an west."

Tabraani, Bayhaqi & Haakim

Taalib
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taalib on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:14 pm

Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar (RadhiyAllahu Anhu) said : "Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) use to observe I'tikaaf during the last 10 days of Ramadhaan."

Bukhari & Muslim

It is narrated from Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (RadhiyAllahu Anhu) that he said : "Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) use to observe I'tikaaf for 10 days every Ramadhaan. When it was (the Ramadhaan of) the year (before) he passed away, he observed I'tikaaf for 20 days."

Bukhari

Taalib
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum