The Voice of Islam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Return and Repent.
AM I A GOOD MUSLIM??? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 11:48 pm by Abu Fauzi

» Direct Dial.
AM I A GOOD MUSLIM??? EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 11:18 pm by Abu Fauzi

» Distractions Of Dunya.
AM I A GOOD MUSLIM??? EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 12:01 am by Abu Fauzi

» Daily Declarations Of The Earth.
AM I A GOOD MUSLIM??? EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 11:29 pm by Abu Fauzi

» Expect The Best From Allah Ta'ala.
AM I A GOOD MUSLIM??? EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 10:56 pm by Abu Fauzi

» Sincere Repentance.
AM I A GOOD MUSLIM??? EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 10:58 pm by Abu Fauzi

» Remembering Death.
AM I A GOOD MUSLIM??? EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 1:02 am by Abu Fauzi

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

AM I A GOOD MUSLIM???

+2
Taalibah
ABU Abdennour
6 posters

Go down

AM I A GOOD MUSLIM??? Empty AM I A GOOD MUSLIM???

Post by ABU Abdennour Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:12 am

AM I A GOOD MUSLIM???

We got health, money ,a shelter… and other uncountable”ni3ams”And we’re lost in total “fitna” ,but when we’re defeated , beaten ,we refer to ALLAH ’swt’ and then we discover if we’re really good Muslims …
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:
Allah's Apostle said, "While three persons were traveling, they were overtaken by rain and they took shelter in a cave in a mountain. A big rock fell from the mountain over the mouth of the cave and blocked it. They said to each other. 'Think of such good (righteous) deeds which, you did for Allah's sake only, and invoke Allah by giving reference to those deeds so that Allah may relieve you from your difficulty. one of them said, 'O Allah! I had my parents who were very old and I had small children for whose sake I used to work as a shepherd. When I returned to them at night and milked (the sheep), I used to start giving the milk to my parents first before giving to my children. And one day I went far away in search of a grazing place (for my sheep), and didn't return home till late at night and found that my parents had slept. I milked (my livestock) as usual and brought the milk vessel and stood at their heads, and I disliked to wake them up from their sleep, and I also disliked to give the milk to my children before my parents though my children were crying (from hunger) at my feet.
So this state of mine and theirs continued till the day dawned. (O Allah!) If you considered that I had done that only for seeking Your pleasure, then please let there be an opening through which we can see the sky.' So Allah made for them an opening through which they could see the sky. Then the second person said, 'O Allah! I had a she-cousin whom I loved as much as a passionate man love a woman. I tried to seduce her but she refused till I paid her one-hundred Dinars So I worked hard till I collected one hundred Dinars and went to her with that But when I sat in between her legs (to have sexual intercourse with her), she said, 'O Allah's slave! Be afraid of Allah ! Do not deflower me except legally (by marriage contract). So I left her O Allah! If you considered that I had done that only for seeking Your pleasure then please let the rock move a little to have a (wider) opening.'
So Allah shifted that rock to make the opening wider for them. And the last (third) person said 'O Allah ! I employed a laborer for wages equal to a Faraq (a certain measure: of rice, and when he had finished his job he demanded his wages, but when I presented his due to him, he gave it up and refused to take it. Then I kept on sowing that rice for him (several times) till managed to buy with the price of the yield, some cows and their shepherd Later on the laborer came to me an said. '(O Allah's slave!) Be afraid o Allah, and do not be unjust to me an give me my due.' I said (to him). 'Go and take those cows and their shepherd. So he took them and went away. (So, O Allah!) If You considered that I had done that for seeking Your pleasure, then please remove the remaining part of the rock.' And so Allah released them (from their difficulty)."
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 5:

When I read this Hadith, I always get attracted by the magnificent story and the beautiful lessons extracted from it. here , of course , I’m posting it to remind all of us of our duties as Muslims and of the good manners in order to be a good Muslim.

But something else has pushed me to post it : I ‘ve imagined several times I were in such a situation ; and I wondered what would I say, what was the righteous deed I did for Allah’s sake ??? the deed that would relieve me in such a test ” Imtihaan”.

We might get blocked in a lift ,for example and undergo the same “Imtihaan”.So i return the question to you brothers and sisters Are you a good Muslim ??Is ALLAH”swt” pleased with you ???

ABU Abdennour

Back to top Go down

AM I A GOOD MUSLIM??? Empty Re: AM I A GOOD MUSLIM???

Post by Taalibah Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:57 am

Jazakallah for sharing.
Taalibah
Taalibah
Admin
Admin

https://thevoiceofislam.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruwaydah Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:29 pm

Jazakallah khayr bro.

That was a great hadith. And we should always remind ourselfs of our duties as Muslims. Beautiful lessons to be learned from that hadith.

'Am I a GOOD Muslim?' << we should always ask ourselfs that question.

wasalam alaykm
Ruwaydah
Ruwaydah

Back to top Go down

Post by ABU Abdennour Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:45 pm

Wa alaykum Assalam Wa rahmatuallah
wa iyyaki sis.

ABU Abdennour

Back to top Go down

Post by ABU Abdennour Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:49 pm

Talibah wrote:Jazakallah for sharing.
Wa antee khairuljazaa.

ABU Abdennour

Back to top Go down

Post by Amatur Rahmaan Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:39 pm

Indeed. Life is a journey of numerous tests and trials...May we gain Allah's Pleasure countless of times in many ways before we depart from this worldly life. Aameen. Wonderful Hadith brother..
Amatur Rahmaan
Amatur Rahmaan

Back to top Go down

Post by ABU Abdennour Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:49 pm

Very Happy

Jazaaki alloho kairan sis.
Amatur Rahmaan wrote:Indeed. Life is a journey of numerous tests and trials...May we gain Allah's Pleasure countless of times in many ways before we depart from this worldly life. Aameen. Wonderful Hadith brother..

Our problem is that we don't know how to manage our time ,it seems we forget the reason we're created for ,most of our time is lost in amusement ; some of us find pleasure in killing time and the little time devoted to worship ALLAH (swt)is not respected . Of course We believe in ALLA's mercy and generosity,but we shouldn't be
so ungrateful .

ABU Abdennour

Back to top Go down

Post by Taalibah Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:12 pm

ABU Abdennour wrote:Very Happy

Jazaaki alloho kairan sis.
Amatur Rahmaan wrote:Indeed. Life is a journey of numerous tests and trials...May we gain Allah's Pleasure countless of times in many ways before we depart from this worldly life. Aameen. Wonderful Hadith brother..

Our problem is that we don't know how to manage our time ,it seems we forget the reason we're created for ,most of our time is lost in amusement ; some of us find pleasure in killing time and the little time devoted to worship ALLAH (swt)is not respected . Of course We believe in ALLA's mercy and generosity,but we shouldn't be
so ungrateful .

How true. Crying or Very sad
Taalibah
Taalibah
Admin
Admin

https://thevoiceofislam.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Hibat Allah:. Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:18 pm

Jazakallah bro, v thought inspiring.
.:Hibat Allah:.
.:Hibat Allah:.

Back to top Go down

Post by ABU Abdennour Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:22 pm

Smile
Wa antee khairuljazaa sis.

ABU Abdennour

Back to top Go down

Post by aashiqa-ilaahi Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:23 pm

salam
AM I A GOOD MUSLIM??? 321843 all praise be 2 ALLAH TA'AALA who sent NABI (SAW) as a guide for this ummah!..this hadeeth is indeed beautiful..each one of the respective persons in the cave showed us an extraordinary example of their taqwa at different occasions, but the one that stands out esp for the youth, is the 2nd person..who at the height of fulfilling his desires turned away..by the mere mention of ALLAH's name!! aaah! it makes one sigh Sad
if only we could sacrifice all our desires for the pleasure of ALLAH!
OH ALLAH...grant your weak servants the strength 2 live our lives as YOU please & prefer..Aameen Yaa Rabbal-Aalameen!
aashiqa-ilaahi
aashiqa-ilaahi

Back to top Go down

Post by ABU Abdennour Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:16 am

salam
Ameen Ameen AM I A GOOD MUSLIM??? 88762 sis

ABU Abdennour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down