The Voice of Islam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Return and Repent.
Guarding Our Tongue. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 11:48 pm by Abu Fauzi

» Direct Dial.
Guarding Our Tongue. EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 11:18 pm by Abu Fauzi

» Distractions Of Dunya.
Guarding Our Tongue. EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 12:01 am by Abu Fauzi

» Daily Declarations Of The Earth.
Guarding Our Tongue. EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 11:29 pm by Abu Fauzi

» Expect The Best From Allah Ta'ala.
Guarding Our Tongue. EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 10:56 pm by Abu Fauzi

» Sincere Repentance.
Guarding Our Tongue. EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 10:58 pm by Abu Fauzi

» Remembering Death.
Guarding Our Tongue. EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 1:02 am by Abu Fauzi

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Guarding Our Tongue.

Go down

Guarding Our Tongue. Empty Guarding Our Tongue.

Post by Abu Fauzi Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:44 pm

salam 
Ibn Hibban and al-Baihaqi, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that Umar Ibn al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, said "A PERSON WHO TALKS TOO MUCH IS A PERSON WHO OFTEN MAKES MISTAKES, AND SOMEONE WHO OFTEN MAKES MISTAKES OFTEN HAS WRONG ACTIONS. THE FIRE HAS A PRIORITY ON SUCH A FREQUENT SINNER".

In a related Hadith, on the authority of Mu'az, may Allah be pleased with him, the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said:-

"SHALL I NOT TELL YOU HOW TO CONTRL ALL THAT?" I said,
"Yes, do, O Messenger of Allah". So, he held his tongue between his fingers and then said: "RESTRAIN THIS". I said, "Oh
Prophet of Allah, are we accountable for what we say?" He, peace be upon him, said, "MAY YOUR MOTHER BE BEREFT BY YOUR LOSS! IS THERE ANYTHING MORE THAN THE HARVEST OF THE TONGUES THAT THROWS PEOPLE ON THEIR FACES (or he said 'on their noses') INTO THE FIRE"? [at-Tirmidhi, al-Hakim]

What is meant by 'the harvest of the tongues' is the punishment for saying forbidden things. Through his actions and words, a man or woman sows the seeds of good or evil, and harvests same on the Day of Resurrection...Note this well.

Abu Fauzi

Back to top Go down